How will we Bridge the Difference?
Charlotte is a city of over 850,000 diverse residents with varying viewpoints. Bridge the Difference aims to bring our community together for conversations about policing, public safety and community impact. These community conversations are taking place all across Charlotte, and your perspective is critical to bridging gaps and creating mutual understanding.
See a shift in accountability/support spectrum results from before/after meetings to demonstrate progress in thinking, conversation and understanding
Challenge attendees to have ongoing conversations and engagement about these important issues
Solicit volunteers for large city events – target the need for city ambassadors
Encourage questions beyond this event.
Create a movement with #BridgeCLT, and shift attention to conversation, not confrontation
Volunteer and Become an Ambassador
Please pledge your commitment to be a Charlotte Ambassador (community volunteer).
We are looking for people who want to:
- Be a part of impactful conversations
- Share information with others
- Welcome outsiders into our community
- Assist local law enforcement to keep our city safe by providing additional eyes and ears in the community
Sessions are broken out into THREE PHASES:
- PHASE I – Kickoff, GOV 101, Communication 101 and Conflict Resolution
- PHASE II – Mediation, De-escalation Techniques and Cultural Competence: The Human Factor (Part I)
- PHASE III – CLT History, Cultural Competence: The Human Factor (Part II) and Encountering Outside Groups
Trainings will be conducted at the CMPD Training Academy located at 1770 Shopton Road or other locations as designated throughout the year as we look to on-board 2,000 Ambassadors!
Help us bridge the difference, and become an ambassador in the Charlotte community.