How will we Bridge the Difference?
Charlotte is a city of over 850,000 diverse residents with varying viewpoints. Bridge the Difference aims to bring our community together for conversations about policing, public safety and community impact. These community conversations are taking place all across Charlotte, and your perspective is critical to bridging gaps and creating mutual understanding.
See a shift in accountability/support spectrum results from before/after meetings to demonstrate progress in thinking, conversation and understanding
Challenge attendees to have ongoing conversations and engagement about these important issues
Solicit volunteers for large city events – target the need for city ambassadors
Encourage questions beyond this event.
Create a movement with #BridgeCLT, and shift attention to conversation, not confrontation
Volunteer and Become an Ambassador
Pledge your commitment to become a CMPD Volunteer Ambassador!
We are looking for people who want to:
- Be a part of impactful conversations
- Share information with others
- Welcome visitors into our community
- Assist local law enforcement to keep our city safe by providing additional eyes and ears in the community
Training is broken into TWO PHASES:
- Charlotte’s Revolutionary History / First in Freedom, The Hornet’s Nest
- Local Government 101
- CMPD’s Role & Responsibility
- Cultural Competency – The Human Factor I & II
- Communication 101 & Media Training
- Conflict Resolution, De-escalation Techniques & Mediation
- Encountering Outside Activist Groups – CMPD SWAT Negotiator
- Pairing Practice / Role Playing
Training will be at the CMPD Training Academy located at 1770 Shopton Road or other locations as designated throughout the year as we look to on-board 1,500 Ambassadors!
Starting in Jan. 2020! If you have a group of 50+ desiring to receive this training, it is possible to arrange for a team of trainers to come to your location. Please send your request to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Be a part of a community movement, rebuilding trust, restoring relationships and serving one another for the wellbeing of our city.