The Charlotte Ambassadors (Volunteers) Program is a call-to-action from CMPD Police Chief Kerr Putney for a cross-section of residents to actively contribute to the wellbeing, peace and stability of the City of Charlotte through an apolitical lens.
Foster unification and goodwill across a variety of perspectives while preserving Charlotte’s reputation as a welcoming and safe city.
Register 1,500 volunteers (through sign-ups) who will:
- Attend training (conflict resolution, mediation, de-escalation, implicit bias, etc.)
- Pledge to mobilize for various events and needs across the cit
- Act as eyes and ears at large-scale events
- Diverse community members who love and want to preserve and promote Charlotte’s brand and reputation
- Ability to set aside politics and put community first
- Willingness to learn about important, helpful information on safety, laws and other needs
- Willingness to develop skills to bridge communities and conversations
- Facilitating future events
- Providing others with situational awareness
- Mediating conversations that showcase different perspectives
- Working alongside CMPD during big events